Thursday, January 6, 2011

St. Andre, open the door for me!

Over the last three semesters in seminary formation at Old College Undergraduate Seminary, I have been gifted with the opportunity and tools such as daily Eucharist, praying the Liturgy of the Hours, self-discipline, spiritual direction, service placement, one-on-one meetings with formation staff, and weekly community gatherings to help me in my discernment of a priestly and religious vocation. This support, encouragement, and growth from the Congregation of Holy Cross were especially evident in the summer of 2010 when I decided to participate in the Summer Service Learning Program in Lawrence, Massachusetts.

Throughout this summer experience of working first hand with the poor, I had the privilege of working alongside the Franciscans of the Primitive Observance and the Basillian Fathers of the Melkite Rite Catholic Church. They helped me recognize an intimacy with the Lord that brought overwhelming joy and peace. After much prayer and discernment, I came to realize that my journey with the Lord at this point in my life would call for leaving seminary formation in order to pursue stronger desires of my heart, namely marriage and the lay apostolate. Thank you all for your prayers. Please continue to pray for me as I finish out my last semester in college. Meanwhile, enjoy this short presentation of my seminary experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment